The Berlin Rain

Of my first impressions on Berlin...

The neon lights shined on
lighting up the streets of Berlin,
The cold breeze hit my face, but your raindrops
felt like gentle pecks on my skin

Walking on that rusted & wired bridge
towards the old station to catch a train
I turned to my friend and spoke to him
of my thoughts on the Berlin rain

Oh Berlin rain!

Why did you feel like my own
and yet were not mine,
Why did you drench me and run away
only so I'd find solace in a bottle of wine?

So I did drink with gusto that night
laughing and losing behind your pain
Yet you trickled down through my hair
reminding me of your whispers again

I stood by the window, still with my glass
Dim outide, your droplets were on the sill;
I had taken shelter at last, but I missed you
and I wished for another heart for you to fill.

Comments

Popular Posts